Book, Toy, and Resource Library
CCRC's libraries offer an amazing place to play, explore, discover and learn - all for free! Parents, children, child care providers and students are invited to visit any of our four locations and talk to a child development professional or just to have fun for an hour or two.
Things to know about the library:
- Check out up to 10 high quality, age appropriate resources for 30 days at a time.
- We are open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and Fridays by reservation only.
- Our libraries are located in Chatsworth, Palmdale, San Bernardino, and Victorville.
- Books and age appropriate toys for infants through school age are available.
- We also have books for adults on child development, parenting, curriculum, etc.
- Butcher paper, die cuts, and laminating are free to everyone who visits the library.
- Join us for weekly story time and art activity every Wednesday - space is limited and reservations are required!
Every month we will bring you an activity from our library. This month's activity - Balloon Ping Pong!
Ping pong is fun. But with limited space and potentially breakable items in the home, it’s not always a practical activity for kids. That’s why balloon ping pong is awesome.
All you’ll need is:
- A balloon
- Two large paper plates
- Two popsicle sticks, chopsticks, unsharpened pencils or plastic spoons
All you’ll have to do is:
- Tape one stick/pencil/spoon to the back of one of the paper plates.
- Tape the other stick/pencil/spoon to the back of the second plate.
- Blow up the balloon.
- Start the game!
For more information contact your local CCRC office. Click here to view our locations.